Spector & Bennett’s managing attorney, Ross A. Spector, founded the law firm in response to marketplace demand for a business law boutique which would provide the highest level of competence in a responsive and cost-effective manner, understand the day-to-day challenges and realities of running a business, and be a trusted, relied upon colleague that steers its clients away from trouble spots when possible and towards efficient resolution when conflict is unavoidable.
Spector & Bennett emphasizes the imperativeness of creating a risk management program and implementing policies and procedures appropriate to ensuring that maximum recovery of its clients’ receivables occurs at a minimum of time, expense, lawyer interface and disruption to their businesses.
Among Spector & Bennett’s many accomplishments:
- The recovery of in excess of $75,000,000 for its clients in commercial collection and debt litigation matters
- The successful representation of a Fortune 200 technology company in more than 250 complex cases venued in state and federal courts throughout California and the United States
- The breaking of a cycle of frivolous counterclaims asserted against a frequently targeted $25B+ market cap international corporation
- Recovered $900,000 (principal, interest, attorneys’ fees and costs) on a $450,000 debt, notwithstanding that the debtor was extremely well funded and attempted to wear the client down over a multi-year, multi-forum court battle through the assertion of questionable counterclaims
- While pursuing a large claim in San Francisco, we discovered that a corporate debtor was stealthily moving the company overseas and, much to the debtor’s surprise, pursued it across the Pacific and recovered the placed amount plus interest and attorneys’ fees
- The representation of its clients in very significant real estate transactions and real estate-related litigation, including the aggressive pursuit and unwinding of an elaborate series of multi-million dollar conversions, resulting in the client being made whole
- The negotiation of many large settlements for its clients, including the procurement of payment in full of the cost of a significant toxic waste clean-up from one of the world’s largest petroleum refining companies while representing a federal government agency
Spector & Bennett has recovered many millions of dollars for international business enterprises in debt collection matters, including the following successful representations:
- The representation of a multi-national electronic components manufacturer against a well-known computer peripheral maker
- A major European textile manufacturer against an acclaimed retailer
- A distinguished Asian industrial company against the maritime unit of a large, diversified corporation
- A multi-national toy manufacturer against a prominent retailer
- An international manufacturing conglomerate against noted Central American commercial organizations doing business in Los Angeles
- An American motor vehicle manufacturer against its dealers
- An accomplished investor against the Hollywood producers of major motion pictures
- A South American professional services firm against a noteworthy international architecture firm
- A Middle Eastern airline against a European lessor of passenger aircraft
Stuart C. Bennett has retired from the practice of law to pursue other interests.